Today is Sunday 30 August.
I thought you might click the blog link to check that it works so here's my FIRST blog for the trip.
I'm excited to be going on new adventures with old and new friends. Josie and I worked together in the early 90's and when she casually asked if I would like to join her and Michael, as well as their friends Jenny and Chris, on a three week cruise on the Mediterranean I hesitated at first but then thought - why not? Then another friend of Jenny's - Dannielle, also decided to join the party. We have had some great laughs during our get-togethers planning for the trip and no doubt there will be many, many more laughs to come.
Before I meet up with the gang I have some time in Rome. Its been 32 years since I was there so it will be great to see all the sights again. Although I'm pretty sure the ruins haven't changed too much in that time, I'll be seeing them from a new and slightly older perspective. Then I venture down to Positano to spend some time on the Amalfi. Can't wait to have a swim in the beautiful sea and do some walking along the stunning coastline.
On 12 September in Rome, we are all together to board our ship - the Queen Victoria, for 21 nights and days of Mediterranean cruising around the Italian and French Rivieras to Barcelona, back across to the Adriatic and Damatian Coast, then through the Greek Islands to finish in Istanbul.
Packing is being finalised. Its a challenge when the cruise requires some formal attire - just how many frocks and how much bling should one take Darling! Its been the usual throwing of far too many clothes onto a pile in the spare room to peruse and cull over the past week. Hopefully I've got it to a manageable and suitably appropriate content but unfortunately the tiara will just have to stay behind this time.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. There are still a couple of days until my chauffuer arrives late on Tuesday night to drive me to the airport. A little bit of luxury to start the trip. Business class has its perks! 😜 Its a far cry from my days of backpacking in the 80's, camping in deserts and surviving on cheese and crackers.
But FIRST I have to finish the packing and get on that plane!
So excited for you Julie.
ReplyDeleteI remember camping in that desert with you and vowing that next time we returned that it would be business class. At least one of us has made it!
Give Italy my love and make a wish in the Trevi Fountain for me.
Louise x
Great memories Lou. Will definitely be going back to Trevi fountain. Heres to you getting back there with Peter next year!
DeleteBruce and I wish you Bon Voyage. Have a wonderful trip. When you get to Montenegro, see if you can find someone to drive you high up into the mountain valleys to take you to one of the pursut farms (i.e. the best prosciutto you have ever tasted in your life. I'm sure you can find someone in the small village who is willing to do it for a small price. I wrote about it in my blog piece from Croatia. If you want me to send it to you, just let me know. Forget the tiara. You already have a halo! xoxoxo Pam
ReplyDeleteThanks Pam. Love the thought of a great prosciutto. Will have to check this option out. Safe travels to you and Bruce as well.
DeleteEnjoy the QV as I know you will! A well deserved holiday xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Therese. The long black dress is much appreciated and will be perfect for the formal nights. You just need to take it on the Queen Elizabeth to get the trifecta.
DeleteHappy holidays Jools ... Here's a little ditty we wrote for you ... Lotsa Love, Di, Ricky and Lore xoxo
ReplyDeleteBon voyage Julie Hale
Not long now until you sail
To the land of limoncello
And those slick Italian fellows
You’ll be basking in the sun
I’ll be stuck with Rick and mum
Going through the daily grind
Whilst you’re drowning in good wine
Bon voyage, cest la vie
Eat fromage and think of me
Please update your travel blog
Rick’ll read it on the bog : - )
Love it!! Thanks so much Rick and Di and Lore. This is brilliant. Might have to get you guys to write my blog!!!
Delete